Do you have any of the following? Would you be willing to give it up to support autistic kids in Edinburgh?
- Self-contained apartments, within the same space
- Quiet local area
- A private, communal area for socialising
- Affordable rental
- Flexible use of homes to allow people to have the time to gain the skills they need and to establish their community ties.
- Safe, secure, affordable accommodation
- A person-centred approach putting young people in control of their support plan
- Support to access training and education
- Support to find employment
- Access to outdoor activities, Edge Adventures, The Cove social clubs, and specialist employment training.
- Cooking sessions and healthy eating
- Budgeting sessions on how to make your money go further
- Move-On Training to develop your independent living skills.
If the answer is maybe or yes, please contact:
Managing Director, BHSc, RMN, PG Forensic Med & Science
Edge Autism Ltd
Tel: 0131 285 8930
Email: [email protected]
Edge Autism specialise in supporting autistic young people between the ages of 16-30. Offering specialist transition work around improving independent living skills and supporting whole families in the process. The period of transition to independence, and support after moving, are a significant time in a young person’s life. When young people are ready, Edge work closely with them and their families, following a structured plan, to support them into independent living.
Most of their young people come from stable socio-economic backgrounds and are often private school educated. The transition from the family home to independent living is complex and difficult when accessed via local authority housing; where the market is competitive and more difficult to navigate. Edge would like to improve this experience and help families feel supported that their children will be safe and protected while they gain the skills they need to function autonomously.
Edge aim to provide a ‘community’ feel whilst still giving young people the ability to live on their own, in their own space. Ideally, they would have a number of self-contained flats, in the same block, in Edinburgh, close to local amenities and the coast. The Edge team support young people to gain confidence, build self-esteem, improve skills, and apply structure and routine to their activities of daily living. They aim to give young people six-month lets, with the flexibility to shorten or lengthen rental time dependent on need.
Disclaimer: Wealthflow LLP has no financial interest in bringing this to your attention. I can confirm to have had personal family experience of Edge Autism.